Thursday, March 15, 2007

First Post: About "us"

I really don't know how and where I should begin. I have been wanting to start posting here for the longest time! There's just so many things that has to be done at work and school (studying again!) and I can't find the time to begin organizing this blogsite. Since this would be our first blog enrty, might as well introduce ourselves so you have a little background how CJ Photography started. Charlie and I have been together for the past two years. Charlie enjoys taking videos and photos during family gatherings and special occasions. When we go out of town he always brings his video cam and tripod, then I'm the one who brings the camera. More often I'm his assistant and sometimes I'm his model as well! hehe.. Early this year we bought our own point and shoot digital camera. We were happy about it and used it to cover the 1st birthday celebration of my nephew JM. However, my beloved sister Nol have been urging us to pursue photography into a "career" since we really love to take photos and videos. She was even more excited than us! :) I'm happy with all the support that she is giving. During the second week of February, Charlie took a photography course under Jo Avila (even if we don't have a digital SLR yet). It has helped him to become more familiar with the basics in photography. He would tell me about the things that they studied during each session and it made both of us more engrossed to know more about photography. We would often discuss about the different terms and techniques used in photography and made us more motivated to get a DSLR! Finally, last February 24 we purchased our digital SLR! It was exciting and challenging to learn how to use our new gadget! We kept on practicing taking shots at different places and people. We know that we still have a long way to go and we hope to become better at this craft.